The Grove Caprese Salad
This simple recipe can create dramatic results by carefully selecting the ingredients. In Summer, if you have access to a farmers market, or better yet your own garden - get picky with the quality of the tomatoes you select. In addition, good quality extra virgin olive oil can easily take over as the star of this dish and no vinegar is needed. Although, if you love adding a good balsamic vinegar for color and taste, lightly sprinkle over the top of the dish prior to the salt and pepper.
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced, or to taste
- 1 (16oz.) package fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons Early Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of Fig Balsamic
- a pinchof our Mediterranean-inspired Taste of Tuscany Gourmet Seasoning Blend
Arrange tomato slices, mozzarella slices, and basil leaves on a serving plate, alternating between them. Drizzle with olive oil, vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper.