Match the vegetables with the season and shop local. For this recipe, we used asparagus, grape tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, onions.
- 3 Tbsp Early Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Organic Blackberry Balsamic OR Organic Fig Balsamic
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried basil or a 1/2 tsp of Taste of Tuscany
- Ground black pepper and salt (to taste)
- 8 oz. mushrooms (your choice on type)
- 1 red onion (sliced thin)
- 1 bunch asparagus (chopped)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 medium yellow squash (sliced thin)
- 1 medium zucchini (sliced thin)
- 1/4 bunch parsley or basil (for garnish, if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, dried basil (or Tuscany Spice Blend), and pepper. Set the marinade aside.
- Wash and chop all vegetables in similar size pieces to allow for even cooking.
- Spread the prepared vegetables out over a large baking sheet, making sure they're in a single layer and not piled on top one another. Pour the balsamic marinade over top, then toss the vegetables until they're all well coated.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Stir the vegetables and then return them to the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and have browned on the edges.
- If using the basil or parsley, finely chop and sprinkle just before serving.