We are completely obsessed with the way avocado pairs with olive oil and vinegars! Here are a few ways we like to enjoy. The combinations and creativity are endless!
- 1 slice of bread (anything you have on hand but our favorites are baguette, thick whole grain, seeded)
- ½ ripe avocado
- Pinch of salt
- Optional (see below for our favorite variations including some or all of the following ingredients): Drizzle of
Early Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
Organic Fig Balsamic,
Organic Blackberry Balsamic,
Taste of Barcelona Gourmet Seasoning Blend,
Taste of Athens Gourmet Seasoning Blend, or
Taste of Tuscany Gourmet Seasoning Blend
, crushed red pepper flakes, to taste, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, minced garlic, radishes, everything bagel seasoning, to taste, thinly sliced tomatoes, sprinkle of fresh torn herbs, such as basil, red pepper flakes, to taste.
- Toast your slice of bread until golden and firm.
- Remove the pit from your avocado. Use a big spoon to scoop out the flesh. Put it in a bowl and mash it up with a fork until it’s as smooth as you like it. Mix in a pinch of salt (about ⅛ teaspoon) and add more to taste, if desired.
- Spread avocado on top of your toast. Enjoy as-is or top with any extras offered in this post (I highly recommend a light sprinkle of flaky sea salt, if you have it).
- Next, get creative!
Here are a few easy ways to take your avocado toast up a notch. Pick one or a few!
Add garlic: Lightly rub a peeled raw garlic clove over the top of your toast before adding the avocado, or mix a tiny pinch of garlic powder into the avocado.
Add fresh leafy herbs or your favorite herbed sauce: Chopped fresh basil, cilantro, dill or parsley are all good with avocado. So is a drizzle of pesto, zhoug sauce (spicy cilantro sauce), or chimichurri. And of course, our Gourmet Seasoning Blends (Spain, Italian, or Greek).
Put an egg on it: I love to top my avocado toast with a fried egg for extra protein and flavor. You can do a poached or scramble, if preferred.
More extras: Quick-pickled onions or radishes or jalapeños, your favorite hot sauce, or a sprinkle of sliced cherry tomatoes.
Here are a few favorite variations:Everything Bagel Avocado Toast
Add a generous sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning on top of your avocado toast. These seasonings tend to be salty, so be careful not to over-salt your avocado.Loaded Avocado Toast
Mix chopped fresh radish, green onion, jalapeño (seeds and ribs removed) and toasted sunflower seeds. Sprinkle generously on your toast.Tomato-Basil Avocado Toast with Balsamic Drizzle
If you have great tomatoes on hand, this is delicious. Top your avocado toast with sliced tomato, add a light drizzle of Fig or Blackberry Balsamic vinegar or designated balsamic glaze, and some torn fresh basil leaves.
Red Pepper with a drizzle of EVOO
Spread a thick layer of mashed avocado over your toast, spread it so it’s smooth and mounded, then drizzle with 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and a generous sprinkle of red pepper flakes and flaky salt.
Prep Time: 3 mins Cook Time: 2 mins Total Time: 5 minutes Yield: 1 slice
Source: Cookie and Kate
View full details