Patatas Bravas with Garlic Aioli
Patatas bravas are one of the most beloved Spanish tapas, thanks to their simple combination of fried potatoes and flavorful sauce. Make them at home with this easy recipe! Crispy potatoes with a spicy tomato sauce and garlic mayo!
For the crispy potatoes:
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoon oil
- Black pepper
For the tomato sauce:
- 1 red pepper, cut into quarters
- 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon FIG or BLACKBERRY BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- ½ teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Black pepper
For the garlic aioli, see our recipe here!
Optional: Sprinkle our TASTE OF BARCELONA spice blend for extra flavor and a colorful presentation!
- Cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces, and toss with some oil and plenty of salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a baking tray, and roast for around 45 minutes at 375°F, or until the potatoes are soft in the middle and crispy on the outside.
- While the potatoes are roasting, make the tomato sauce. Add all of the sauce ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a pan, and place over a medium heat. Bring to a gentle simmer, and cook for around 15 minutes, until the mixture has thickened to your desired consistency.
- To make the garlic Spanish aioli, click here.
- When the potatoes are cooked, serve them topped with the tomato sauce and garlic aioli.
If you prefer, you can serve your patatas bravas with the sauce mixed through the potatoes, rather than drizzled on top.
1 portion - Calories: 470 kcal - Carbohydrates: 75.1 g - Protein: 9.3 g - Fat: 16.4 g - Saturated Fat: 2.3 g - Cholesterol: 4 mg - Sodium: 299 mg - Potassium: 2188 mg - Fiber: 13.5 g - Sugar: 13.4 g