Simple Balsamic Marinade
Robustly flavored Balsamic Chicken! Chicken is soaked in a flavorful garlic and herb + balsamic vinegar marinade then grilled to browned perfection.
- 1/3 cup Blackberry or Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Early Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 tsp minced fresh rosemary (or 3/4 tsp dried)
- 2 tsp minced fresh thyme (or 3/4 tsp dried)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag (or you can use a bowl).
- In a mixing bowl whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Pour marinade over chicken in bag (or bowl). Seal bag while pressing out excess air.
- Rub marinade over chicken (I also like to twist and tie top of bag so marinade fully covers the chicken).
- Let marinade in fridge for 2 to 8 hours for breasts and 2 to 24 hours for thighs.
- Heat over medium-high heat to 400 degrees. Partway through heating don't forget to clean and oil grill grates (with a little vegetable oil or olive oil using tongs and a balled up paper towel).
- Remove chicken from marinade while shaking excess marinade off back into bag. Transfer to grill and cook covered about 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- Cook time varies based on thickness, check internal temperature of chicken in thickest portion to 165 degrees for doneness.
- Garnish with parsley if desired. Serve warm.